Friday, April 22, 2011

Blessed Titus Brandsma Poem

Dear Lord, when looking up to Thee, I see Thy loving eyes on me;
Love overflows my humble heart, knowing what faithful friend Thou art.

A cup of sorrow I forsee, which I accept for love of Thee, the painful way I wish to go, the only way to God I know.
My soul is full of peace and light; although in pain this light shines bright, for here Thou keepest to Thy breast my longing heart, to find there rest.
Leave me here freely alone, in cell where never sunlight shone; should
no one ever speak to me, this golden silence makes me free!

For though alone I have no fear; never were Thou O Lord, so near.
Sweet Jesus please abide with me; my deepest peace I find in Thee.

[Blessed Titus Brandsma wrote this poem in Scheveningen prison]

No comments:

Post a Comment